Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blossoms

It has been unseasonably cold here in Victoria, but it does not stop spring from coming.  The magnolia trees on the boulevard are already dropping their blossoms and so are the ornamental cherry trees shown here.  Still, I cannot wait for the warm weather to arrive.

2 comments:

Ellie/Gerard said...

Beautiful ! Looks like you're ahead of us with your blossoms. Our cooler weather has made our early flowers like Scilla, crocuses, early tulips, and mini daffodils (not sure what they're called) last a lot longer than usual. Now expecting our regular daffodils and tulips to open soon.

LibraryLady said...

Hi Ray! Just reading blogs--where do people find time to write in them? I just can't find time to read them all! But I'm glad I do--Your photos of blossoms reminds me of Ariel's cherry blossom party. Such a fun idea, to celebrate the blossoms with family & friends, good food, good conversation, good drinks...of course, it must be a lot warmer there. Last fall, when there was a harvest moon, she said they have 'moon-gazing parties' there, where they get together, drink, and read poetry. I'm hoping she imports some of the traditions to Guelph. Lauren & Eva leave on Tuesday to go visit her! Have a Happy Easter, all of you!