Monday, May 18, 2009

Victoria Day Parade

They said the crowds lining the route were in the 10's of thousands.
There were 19 High School Marching Bands from the US and a total of 132 entries in the parade.
As you can see above, lots of vintage vehicles.
The bands were great (and the rain held off for the most part).
The Thrifty Foods synchronized shopping carts parade team - hilarious.
Another one of the talented marching bands.

After the parade, we took in the noon showing of Ocean Oasis at the IMAX. I had seen this earlier this year with Trista, but this was Debra's first time. It is a great film and highly recommended. Debra and I then went for a bite to eat at a cafe on Government Street. A very nice way to spend the holiday. We hope you had a fun/restful/enjoyable/etc Victoria Day.

1 comment:

Ellie/Gerard said...

Wow! This sounds like a big event! I've never heard of a Victoria Day parade before. Love the syncronized shopping cart parade team!